 Marketplace / Shopping / 6623
Re: Bulk Brick sales at LEGOLAND
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 02:55:28 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Frank Filz writes:
Hmm, is it possible to order these by phone?

  I'm curious about this too.  Was the "gift package" set available
  by phone?  And if so, would it be the same number to call?  I'm
  in dire need of lots of 2x4 brown bricks.  (Well, more dire need
  than my general ABS jones, anyways.)  Arrrr.

I can't answer this question - anybody know?  I'd like a quarter ton of
bricks sent to me too!  Much better than having to lug it home on an airplane!

  How long ago did you take the pictures, David?  And just in case
  nobody's said it yet:  Thanks for going above and beyond the call
  of duty by getting pics as well as the inventory rundown.  Did
  the LL employees have any problem with you taking pics (as I know
  some places do)?

I was in LEGOLAND just before Christmas.  (Made myself a wonderful ornament
out of 1x2 and 1x3 pink tiles too!)  I've been trying to post pictures to
Brickshelf of my visit ever since, but kept running into problems until very
late last night when I surprised myself at being able to post a different
set of pictures, and hence figured out what the problem was.

They don't seem to care what you take pictures of at LEGOLAND.  That's part
of being a theme park, I guess.  While there I was talking to someone there
who said that there'd be new bulk pieces sometime soon.  I don't know when,
or what, though.  Anyone been there since December?

--
  David Schilling