 Marketplace / Shopping / 5505
Re: Train Windows and Doors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 18:20:33 GMT

Christopher Masi wrote:

Dean Husby wrote:

Kevin Wilson wrote:

"James J. Trobaugh" wrote:

This is the best news from LEGO in a while. Sounds like they're listening to
what the train community has been asking for. And the prices are reasonable
too. And it's nice to see a different color for the base plate beside the
red.

Train doors and windows... yayyyy.... train baseplate in blakc...
goood... but hey, now if you want a train baseplate you have to buy all
the wheels and couplers with it, and if you don't want bases you have to
have them to get the wheels etc... wasn't bulk supposed to be about
buying theings SEPARATELY instead of all lumped together in SERVICE
PACKS where you didn't want half the stuff?

Ahh, but that's NOT bulk. It's the new breed of Service Packs. Lego has always
tossed in extras to keep the price relative. Only now, the relative price is MUCH
higher because they know it's the AFOL's buying the stuff.

3737 is 14.99 I only have the prices that include shipping and handling

2 packs of wheelsets    2 x 3.50
1 pack bogie plates         2.50
1 pack buffers and magnets  3.50
1 wagon plate               3.00

total                      16.00

So, the price is about the same, it is just a lot less convenient.

Ahh, but it's More convenient for S@H. Only one package, one number. One set of stock
to count etc...

Has anyone tried to order the old service packs? Are all the service packs
officially discontinued?

I ordered a couple of Light Bricks. At least those are still available.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html