 Marketplace / Shopping / 5497
Re: Train Windows and Doors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 09:17:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh writes:
As I was cutting the grass this afternoon I was thinking about the color
choices (gray and blue) that LEGO has presented us.  The more I thought
about it, the more blue makes sense.  4561, the only train that is readily
available (I know 4565 is still available at S@H, but 4561 is available at
Target, Wal-Mart, TRU, etc) and it is a white, blue, and black train.  By
offering blue windows and doors along with black wagon plates, someone who
purchases 4561 can enhance their train fairly easily.

Yep. If that train is "enhancable" which I dispute. :-)

Could grey (or possibly blue) mean that we will see a new train in 2001 that
carries that color scheme?

GREAT speculation. Recall that Brad said they would not be starting up lines
especially for this, it would need to be taking parts from currently running
lines (although I don't recall exactly the wording around color choices and am
too lazy to go dig).

Alternatively, blue and grey were chosen because they're the rarest and the
partswantedlist that Jason did has them at the highest volumes?

I dunno. Happy day either way

++Lar