 Marketplace / Shopping / 5226
Re: Lego castle "chrome" sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 15:06:04 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
  I just got back from DisneyWorld in Florida and they have these sets on
the shelf at the Legoland store at Downtown Disney.  I picked up two of each
of them  myself.  There were about 10 of each set there!  Wouldn't that mean
that the other lego exclusive stores would be getting them also?
Tom

Cool ... how much were they?

They were $5.49 each!  They also had the set #2585 (train? set) for $1.99
and the service packs #5384 (UFO excessories) for $3.99.  I got the service
pack for the shoulder pad like armor to use with my castle MOC's!  Each pack
has a black and dark gray one in it.  I was sorry to see that they had
finally gotten around to removing the displays with Pirates and Wild West.
I always enjoyed looking at them.  There is an outside area next to the
store with bins of legos for kids to play and create with.  I was tempted to
load up my bag with some of the loose pieces.  I saw all kinds of belville
and specialty pieces in the bins.  There didn't seem to be any one watching
over the area so I imagine they lose parts all the time to kids pocketing
them, especially the minifigs.  I didn't see very many figs in the bins.  I
wondered where they got the pieces since it looked like they had just opened
up some sets and dumped them in the pile.  Maybe damaged box sets?  Anyway,
it was a neat place to go!  I'll look forward to my next visit!