 Marketplace / Shopping / 5225
Re: Great 6600 (Highway Construction) deal at Big K-Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 14:05:27 GMT

"Will Middelaer" <betamale@REMOVE.yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.shopping, Damian Garcia writes:
Funny you mention this.  A couple months ago Target had them at 19.90 (I
still feel as though I was taken advantage of).  A couple weeks ago, they
remodeled their Lego layout, and the poor set is back up to full price!
They closed them out to clear the shelves...for MORE of the cursed • things?

About a year ago someone, I think it was Mike Stanley, posted a story • about a
local store to them (either a Target or Wal-mart) that not only put a set • on
clearance, they continued to order new stock for months that they • continued to
sell at the clearance price.

Strange stuff happens when you hand the pricing reins over to a machine.

The set in question was 5978 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5978) and the
store was the Cary, NC Target.  After clearancing 5978 for $15.74, they
restocked the shelves at least two, possibly three times.  Frank Filz and I
each but a number of them.  I wish I had bought more, they were great parts
sets and the pieces I didn't want sold reaosnably well on eBay.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com