 Marketplace / Shopping / 5224
Re: Great 6600 (Highway Construction) deal at Big K-Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 06:29:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Damian Garcia writes:
Funny you mention this.  A couple months ago Target had them at 19.90 (I
still feel as though I was taken advantage of).  A couple weeks ago, they
remodeled their Lego layout, and the poor set is back up to full price!
They closed them out to clear the shelves...for MORE of the cursed things?

About a year ago someone, I think it was Mike Stanley, posted a story about a
local store to them (either a Target or Wal-mart) that not only put a set on
clearance, they continued to order new stock for months that they continued to
sell at the clearance price.

Strange stuff happens when you hand the pricing reins over to a machine.