 Marketplace / Shopping / 5212
Re: Lego castle "chrome" sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 19:29:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Todd Hossbach writes:
If I can get ahold of them, should I bring back a handful of each or a case
of each.

I think this depends a lot on your own interest in them.  If they were cheap --
say under $4 USD each, I'd get a bunch.  For the rest of us, I think the issue
is obtaining the sets without having to pay for shipping at all, and certainly
about obtaining them without having to pay for shipping from Europe.  I'm not
sure it's actually about not being able to obtain the sets at all...many
persons in Germany have already volunteered to get the sets for those of us
here in the States in exchange for little more than the total costs of doing
so.

I, like Stangl and probably many others, simply don't understand why TLC does
not use this forum to let us know more about their immediate marketing plans
concerning sets like these.  They could avoid a lot of bad PR, and people
being burned on eBay, etc. if they simply communicated more with us.

I am not sure why we even have to ask for this cooperation from TLC -- and
having to ask makes me feel like the lines of communication are perceived by
TLC to run only in one direction.  And that's just not going to satisfy me.

I very much appreciate your asking and offering to help out.  That's very
generous of you.  TLC, by contrast, leaves us to twist in the wind over the
simplest of matters...

-- Richard