 Marketplace / Shopping / 5229
Re: Lego castle "chrome" sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 17:46:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:
I wondered where they got the pieces since it looked like they had just • opened
up some sets and dumped them in the pile.  Maybe damaged box sets?

Judging from how the Virginia Outlet handles theirs, it is mostly from K-8s
(which are stocked with pieces either from damaged boxes at the factory, or
factory overruns of some of the parts bags). They may also stock it with parts
from hopelessly damaged sets (when I went through DC this summer, on my way up,
I stopped at the outlet store and they were dumping a Tunnel Transport into the
play area [after carefully removing the minifigs and the teal parts - they
actually offered me some of the parts - I should have accepted]).

Frank