 Marketplace / Shopping / 31
Re: Wal-Mart Clearance is underway! {FOTW}
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 02:59:42 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <36c3b9f9.91186294@lugnet.com>...
On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 04:39:07 GMT, "Michelle" <mms@cnwl.igs.net> wrote:

Not just you. One thing I do every time is try to find a damaged box, even • if
it's just a tear in the box or a dent or something, then ask the • department
manager if there's a discount on damaged boxes. I've only ever been told • "no"
once. Discounts range from 25-50% off. That seems to be the only way to • find a

Another Wal-Mart story ... I was in another part of town the other day and
ventured
into a Wal-Mart near the place I was having lunch in quest of LEGO deals.
Unfortunately
I didn't find much, certainly nothing I was much interested in.  What was
surprising was
the number of open boxes on the shelves.

I found a lone polybag from 6328 that there was no box for in the vacinity.
A guy was
stocking the shelves with some new polybags that had received and put a
sticker on this
lone polybag.  The bag had the contents for the 6328 trailer:  A couple 1x8
grey plates, two
blue transparent 1x2 slopes, four red 1x2 transparent slopes, etc.  A decent
source of parts
for less than $2.

I also found a Extreme Team Challenge that was obviously a return and a fair
amount of it
was missing.  I showed it to the employee and he cringed.  I offered him $5
for it and he said
he couldn't authorize it and went to find a manager.  The manager came back
and was only
willing to take 10% off.  He stated that 10% was the best he could do since
he could return the
set to LEGO for a full credit.  Needless to say, I didn't buy it.  For all I
know, they put it back on
the shelf.

Mike - mike_walsh@mentorg.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh