 General / 2427
Re: Wal-Mart Clearance is underway! {FOTW}
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 10:47:41 GMT

   Hi all-

Robert M. Dye found, back in late December:

Green Technic Car (reg $7.77) - $5.00
White Technic Car (reg $9.99) - $7.50

   It's time to start combing Wal-Marts again; they're clearing
   things out with alacrity.  While Princeton's was just on "normal"
   half-price schedule, having one of the 6479 Res-Q base ($35),
   one of the Xtreme-Team Challenge  ($25), and about nine of
   the Hydronauts 6180 Search Sub ($25), I happened to appear
   in North Brunswick, NJ precisely at the moment when that Wal-
   Mart was shifting its clearance merchandise and literally *dumping*
   sets into bins!  I managed the following:  10 of the white $10 Technic
   cars for $1 each; five of the green ones, also $1 each; 4 of 6556
   Scuba Squad, $1 each; 6 of 6836, V-Wing Fighter, $2 each; 3 of
   the Rocky Ridge Playscape-themed set for $1 each; and three of
   the giant grey baseplates for $4.44 each.

   Yeah, it was a good day.  Might be worth checking out other
   Wal-Marts--there's apparently a lot of discretion available to
   the individual store in what they mark down and how much.

   LFB.