 Marketplace / Shopping / 21
Re: Wal-Mart Clearance is underway! {FOTW}
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 19:27:28 GMT

James Brown wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed that here in Canada, I've got to be
extremely lucky to find a single store that will ever do more than a 20% sale.
Even the Walmarts and Zellers (formerly K-mart, to you US folks) seem to think
that they can just continue to sell on retail forever.

That's cause they can. If sets haven't sold after they're discontinued
for 4 or 5 years is plenty of time to think about discounts, and by then
they're snapped up to resell to Americans... viz. the recent rash of
8880's from my country, the Netherlands.

Jasper