 Marketplace / Shopping / 34
Re: Wal-Mart Clearance is underway! {FOTW}
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:15:09 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <36c3b9f9.91186294@lugnet.com>...
On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 04:39:07 GMT, "Michelle" <mms@cnwl.igs.net> wrote:

Not just you. One thing I do every time is try to find a damaged box, even • if
it's just a tear in the box or a dent or something, then ask the • department
manager if there's a discount on damaged boxes. I've only ever been told • "no"
once. Discounts range from 25-50% off. That seems to be the only way to • find a

You're lucky. I've gotten a damaged box (pretty severely, too), with
instructions missing, of a set that should have been put on special to
sell out a few years ago when it weas discontinued, for 100 instead of
115. That's the best I've done.

Just the same. I found an Octan Gas Station (the older one) last month,
apparently used once as a display item (with opened, damaged and poorly
taped box, opened then stapled polybags, placed stickers on parts and
assembled minifigs in bags) and when asked for a discount, they say "no".
The only thing that you can get is "return back if anything is missing"
guarantee, that they already give for brand new sets, too. I never see a
discounted Lego set ever in turkey (except maybe 5-10% TRU "specials"(?) and
a hopefully mislabeled Barcode Truck (scanned at half the price, could not
have been mine at regular price).

Selçuk