 Marketplace / Shopping / 35
Re: Wal-Mart Clearance is underway! {FOTW}
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 02:13:54 GMT

Selçuk wrote in message ...

Just the same. I found an Octan Gas Station (the older one) last month,
apparently used once as a display item (with opened, damaged and poorly
taped box, opened then stapled polybags, placed stickers on parts and
assembled minifigs in bags) and when asked for a discount, they say "no".
The only thing that you can get is "return back if anything is missing"
guarantee, that they already give for brand new sets, too. I never see a
discounted Lego set ever in turkey (except maybe 5-10% TRU "specials"(?) • and
a hopefully mislabeled Barcode Truck (scanned at half the price, could not
have been mine at regular price).

It's messages like these that make me smile ;-)

I always complain about the lack of sets availability in Canada compared
to the US.  And then reading Mike Stanley's posts about >70% sales
makes me drool. But after reading your posts, I guess everything is
just relative.

TJ