 Marketplace / Shopping / 30
Re: Service Merchandise closing 134 stores
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 01:09:21 GMT

Well, that may explain what I saw at 2 stores I was at this past week.
They had no Lego. Well, I shouldn't say no Lego. One of the stores had
one Lego item in the store,  an older FreeStyle Bucket, in the clearance
isle. I noticed it didn't have the clear band around it, so I opened it
up to take a look. Inside there was a Power Ranger toy, some other toy,
and the Lego, none of it bagged. I took it to a manager type person,
hoping for a deal (the price tag read $17.90). She looked at it and said
she could take off 10%. I looked through the bucket some more, and it
looked as if this bucket was brought in from someone's home. The flowers
were all put on their stems, the tires were on their hubs, and the
bricks were definitely played with. I told her no thanks and that the
item is used and doesn't even belong in the clearance isle. She didn't
seem to care.

The SM I was at today had zero Lego in it, it looked like they were
making room for their patio furniture.

I was a third  SM and they had a fair amount of Lego. They even had a
Bellville set.

It's been a couple of weeks since I've been in the SM in the town where
I grocery shop, last time I was there they had 8 silver tubs, all at
$19.99, maybe I'll drop in on shopping day.

Julie

Jason Spangle wrote:

http://cnnfn.com/hotstories/companies/9902/09/servicemerchandise/

Perhaps an opportunity for good buys for those near closing stores?