 Marketplace / Shopping / 2983
Re: 1200 brick Blue Tubs on sale at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 01:48:33 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote in message ...
I have never seen this tub go for less than $14.99 and this is only the
second time I have seen it get that low.  Of cause, I will probably prevent
it from ever getting lower than that here.  I finished my buying spree and
unless I get some more people in BAYLUG picking some more up for me, I am
stuck at 280 tubs this weekend, 20 short of my goal.  That includes 128 on
rainchecks.  With movement like that, it is unlikely that a chain will drop
it further.  I cleaned out every store I could find within 100 miles.

Well, if you buy in pairs, and luck on a well stocked K-Mart, it's possible
to find this for $14.99 somewhat regularly (since their Buy One, Get a 2nd
for 50% off means that you get two for $29.99, ok so it's a penny more...).
Someone in Italy lucked out in that he wanted 8 right at the time K-Mart had
a BOGO 50% Off sale, and I was able to find two K-Marts with 4 each (for
those Europeans wondering if this is a good way to get bricks cheap,
shipping was about half the cost of the tubs, with the bricks pulled out of
the tubs and packed tightly into two boxes [which wern't equal weights
because of the boxes I had], the person also had me order a bunch of grey
brick packs and roof brick packs from shop at home, my charge for the
service was a bunch of tubs I could use, and 1.5 free McDonald's sets [the
S@H order wasn't quite enough for 2 McDonalds sets, but I just added stuff
of my own to the order]).

Frank