 Marketplace / Shopping / 2982
Re: 1200 brick Blue Tubs on sale at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 01:53:29 GMT

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 01:05:46 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

Out of curiousity, what is the MSRP for this tub in the states?

$19.99 (plus tax, naturally).

Which makes it sound like 14.99 isn't that great a deal. Until you do
the math. We're talking something like(1) 1.2 1-4.cents a brick even in
high tax states.

And this tub hardly ever (never?) goes on sale...

Yeah, but I passed up on these tonight.  They were there for the
taking but a) I have enough regular bricks (maybe not as much as you,
but I have more than enough to fill up a few of the 66-quart sterilite
tubs) and b) people are paying less for bulk bricks now than they used
to, from what I've seen.  So while I wouldn't have minded having a few
more 1x8's in black and white, I didn't see all the sorting and such
as worth it to just make my money back in bulk sales.

Glad lots of other people thought them a great deal, though.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?