 Marketplace / Shopping / 2991
Re: 1200 brick Blue Tubs on sale at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 03:16:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Typically a little more, I think. But the trend seems to be downward,
they are not as rare as they were, I don't think.

Rick Kujawa wrote:

Anyone:  Do the basic green bricks
sell in auctions for approximately
the same price as white bricks?
Does a 1:1 swap seem equitable?
I thought the green went for
more.  Any help appreciated.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!

Actually, the auctions I have run have fluctuated with green returning more
per piece than white 60% of the time and less than white about 40% of the
time.  I suppose it really boils down to who wants it and when.  Overall, I
would say they are close, with green worth a little more.  This is for the
breakdown from the tubs, where green bricks are generally smaller.  For exact
piece size swaps, figure green worth about 1.5 times as much, except that
green bricks longer than 4 studs are VERY RARE and worth considerably more
than 1.5 times as many white long bricks.  My lots of white bricks have about
2.5 times as many bricks as the green ones, yet overall only yield about 2.2
times as much, IIRC. I am going from memory - I have the numbers at work on a
spreadsheet and will post exact results tomorrow.

Mike Poindexter