 Marketplace / Shopping / 2957
Re: 1200 brick Blue Tubs on sale at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 01:04:46 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote in message
news:3701bsco6ghnkbqdoa6dqmivp15p50n3rv@4ax.com...
On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 20:25:39 GMT, "Mike Poindexter"
<lego@poindexter.cc> wrote:

This is the best deal I have been able to find on these tubs.  It won't
happen often.  I have, with the help of friends, picked up 110 of these • on
this sale so far.  If you live in Northern CA, you might not have much • time
left.  If you live in the Fresno area, you missed out.

Got a huge project in mind that requires a lot of one or two colors or
do you just like the return on the investment in these?

--
The parts you want and nothing else?

I thought everybody knew about this...

I am building train modules similar to the GMLTC ones.  I plan to have a
large layout in my garage that will hold 24 of the modules.  I finished
clearing out the rest of the stores here and when added to what I got in the
Bay Area with the help of Eric McCarthy and Tom Stangl (thanks guys!) I am
at 152 picked up on this sale.  I had a couple of other people who were
going to get me some tubs as well.  I was wanting to get 300 this weekend,
which is all I can afford right now.  My project will require about 1,200
tubs.  I have already gotten a good jump on this and am past the 400 tub
mark.  I hope to be at 600 by Tuesday.  With any luck, that many will tide
me over until the next good sale on these.

I will take the pieces I don't need and put them on ebay, as I have been
doing.  I have quite a lot to do now.  :-)

I will not have pictures of the modules for quite some time, as all I am
doing right now is building tables, buying and sorting.  We still haven't
come up with standards for our modules.  They will be somewhat different
from the GMLTC ones, but a transition should be fairly easy and can probably
be built into some spurs.

Mike