 Marketplace / Shopping / 2967
Re: 1200 brick Blue Tubs on sale at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:07:45 GMT

I pick two of these tubs up for someone last night. TRU was closed so I took
my copy of the Ad over to Target and they price matched. There was only one
tub on the shelf and I asked a guy to see if they had another one. He stated
that they had "lots" in the back.

I am a survivor of the after Thanksgiving day sales. You take every ad with
you that has a super sale item listed. You go to one or two stores and get
them to price match the bargains.  Every major department discount store
(wal mart, Target, TRU, Kmart, etc.)
will do this.

Rose

Raymond Flournoy wrote in message ...
In lugnet.market.shopping, Julie Krenz writes:
Also, the Wal-Marts by me price match, and there's even one that will give • an
extra 10% off. I think it is also k-marts policy to price match. I'm not • sure
of Targets policy.

Targets definitely price match.  In fact, in my experience price-matching • at
Wal-Mart has been like pulling teeth, but Target has always been incredibly
easy.  At WM, the cashiers apparently can't do the match themselves -- a
manager has to come over to OK it.  At Target, the cashiers have the • ability
to price-match on their own.

--Raymond Flournoy
flournoy@cs.stanford.edu       "Because, of course, a man with an
Computer Science Dept.          obsession is a man who has very little
Stanford University, CA         sales-resistance."      -- C. S. Lewis