 Marketplace / Shopping / 1776
  Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) I'm glad to hear this. My wife and I are going to be spending Christmas with her family in Sparta, and I told my wife two days ago that I was going to be making a trip to that very Meijers. In fact, I think that I have stopped at that store (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) Are you sure you're not thinking of the Cascade Meijer, at 28th Street and I-96, instead of the 28th & Kalamazoo Meijer? The K-zoo Meijer is an older store, and while it isn't a *bad* store, it's certainly not going to win any awards. Steve (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) 96, (...) and (...) Didn't that one still say "Thrifty Acres" out front up until like last year? It's the oldest Meijer on earth, and yes, it is a *bad* one. heh heh. The Cascade one on 28th St blows it out of the water. And the new one at (...) (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) Wow, more friendly than New York? I didn't think that was possible. "Sir, the Sarcasmeter! She won't hold together!! She's gonna blow!!!" (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

Steve Bliss, all around good guy, but resident of an inferior school district, opined on how swell Meijer is: <I snipped it> Meijer rules. And Fred Meijer is aces. He MADE Da Vinci's horse happen and those hoity toity coastals didn't even invite him (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) Steve, I think you are right. I have been to both of them but I forgot about the other one on 28th street. The one that I was talking about being a nice one is the Meijers just off the exit to the highway, just off the path you would take from (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

Will Middelaer wrote: The one that I was talking about being a nice (...) That's the Cascade one. It *was* nice. Now they remodeled it and it's a lot nicer, although the ersatz village facade is lame. I like the Knapp's corners one better, though. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

Larry, I love Meijer too, I have since I was little, and continue to do so. Fred Meijer is what America is all about, and I am glad I can work for that store, and shop there as well. A business born in Michigan, I might add! :) (...) Man, I am (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes: <snipped market from the groups list> (...) OK, there's a lot of mumbling coming up here.. It's the talk of GR. :-) Apparently, Leonardo Da Vinci was commissioned by <mumble>, who was ruler of (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) "Me too"... Being a Michigan native, I really miss Meijers since I moved to Minnesota. Growing up, it was always a big deal to visit the relatives near Jackson (MI) since that meant we got to stop at Meijers which sold LEGO, unlike all of the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

Another Michigan native? Wow, where did you grow up? I grew up in Manton, just north of Cadillac. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) < Snipped Larry's telling of the horse & Fred Meijer > Wow, that is incredible. Just goes to show how biased the media is, and how entrenched they are in class warfare. Fred has brought thousands upon thousands of jobs and careers to people, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) Larry, There is no direct path from your house to *anywhere*. Darn weird Ada roads. Steve (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) The Knapp's Corner Meijer feels kinda, well, antiseptic. Give it a few years. They also didn't have any SW2000 sets, nor many 2000 sets of any kind. Maybe they got cleaned out by those wealthy Forest Rockhillford-ites. The Cascade Meijer had a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) That would have been the da Medici's, IIRC, with their lovely political advisor Machiavelli. And Genoa. (...) They died. (...) That would be 6.mumble meters, right?[1] Jasper [1] Follow-ups to _that_ can go to /dev/null. (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) See (URL) Especially, find the section "The American Horse". Steve (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

Thanks for that ref. notice how it claims the American Horse is a second cast. Incorrect. It is as if you took two sets and mingled the pieces, then reassembled them. Not possible to say which set was first and what set was second any longer. (each (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

Steve, (...) Thanks. Very interesting, and I even learned something from it! :) Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn CAD Operator Affiliated Engineers, Inc. Work Page: (URL) Page: (URL) LEGO Page: (URL) to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

[F-UP to .debate, not that this is much of a debate, but it is o-t, and not shopping, and .debate was already on the list.] (...) Got a reference for that? I've wondered, but I've never seen any solid documentation of the 1st/2nd cast vs. (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Meijers in Grand Rapids

(...) I believe I saw it in the GR Press but I can't be sure of the reference chain beyond that. Hey, it fit my preconceived notions about the national press so I bought it. :-) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)