 Marketplace / Shopping / 157
Re: SW sets are in Ann Arbor Meijer's! :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:13:07 GMT

Mark,

OK, I apologize about those posts, I read over them and was surprised
at my responses, but I was at work for a total of 32 hours at the time,
and was rather tired. I was really excited about seeing them, and I
bought them. I apologize if you didn't get them, I have been there many
times before on various products over my brief yet event filled life.
Let me just say that the only reason I wanted to buy sets was for my
Space collection, because the SW sets are the first decent ones in a
long time, since the UFO, which in my estimation are not too bad. No
hard feelings, I was just frustrated about getting belittled and blamed
for children's demise/etc. It is the same way in politics and life in
general. Everything for the children.

     I took the day off yesterday, and I will take the rest of the week
off, because I worked 45.5 hours for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and
we have nothing to do right now.

OK, my Lego story. I have been collecting Lego sets since I was 4, I'm
23 years old now. My main themes are Space and Town, and I have built
quite a collection over the past 19 years, I never really went through a
dark time in terms of collecting, just setting up my city (It was not
set up between 1994-1998, but I still bought stuff during that time). I
got into trains not too long ago, and I have set up both my city and my
military base in my condo. I have two rooms devoted to this plus half of
my bedroom, which is where  have my spare parts and where I build. I
collected Aquazone, Time Twisters( Only for Parts!), Star Wars, Space
(Not Insectoids, just dreadful!), Futuron, Blacktron, M-Tron, Ice
Planet, etc., and specific themes of recent date like RES-Q, boats, etc.
I have some Technic sets, but I just never got into them too much. I use
Technic parts to enhance my own designs. I have built several buildings
and vehicles of my own design, which pail compared to the ones I have
seen since I joined up with LUGNET. I guess my two favorite themes must
have been classic Space and Futuron.

Just to let everyone know, I am not a scalper or plan to sell these off
or anything, I have built a few already, and I am planning to build the
rest of them shortly. I just have been working a ton of overtime, and
was very excited to see Star Wars ships come out with an awesome
collection of parts, really cool figures, and an overall great theme.
(This years Lego selection is truly dreadful!) That is why I bought al
those sets, plus the fact my roommate is an avid collector/builder as
well, and he helped my pay for some of them. I was happy to see them
added to my space fleet, and I can probably say this is one of the best
themes Lego has brought out in a long time, and I hope they will
continue this kind of excellent design and work that made what we AFOL's
and children like: Great sets, and great parts! :)

So I apologize to Mark and everyone for Monday's comments, I was just
frustrated at getting insulted because I was excited about these new
sets, and I hope people can understand. I am AFOL for life, I love Lego
products, and I will continue to do so for a long time to come.

I hope I have explained myself well, if not, please feel free to
e-mail me back or post or whatever. I love LUGNET, I enjoy all the
postings and commentary, and it is truly a unique place to be. I hope
everyone has a great day, and keep building!

Scott Sanburn

Mark Koesel wrote:

Scott Edward Sanburn <ssanburn@aeieng.com> wrote in message
36E420C2.867440A5@aeieng.com...
Get a clue, Mark! You make me sad. Come, Patsy!

Whoa, that was mature.

Guess next time I'll omit the fair warning, and just start
hurling insults.  Geez.

Okay, I'm partly to blame here.  Let's start over, shall we?

Hello Scott, I'm Mark, and I love Lego.  I've been out of
my Dark Ages for about 2 years now, and I mostly collect
Technic, with interest in the occasional System theme,
such as Star Wars.  I also have all of the Aquazone sets and
Time Cruisers/Twisters.  I am currently trying to become
Technic complete, and I am fairly close.  Most of my creations
are Technic in nature.  I like to build robot like creatures
and also Cars and other vehicles.  I am both a collector
and builder;  I buy sets to build and play with them, but
I also keep the packaging and instructions.

So how about you?