 Marketplace / Shopping / 131
Re: SW sets are in Ann Arbor Meijer's! :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:56:28 GMT

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:01:44 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss)
wrote:

Well, it's off to 28th street (home of most major retail shopping in SE
GR,MI) I go...

Hmm.  I wonder if Knapps Corner Meijers would be faster to get to?

Steve

Sorry to follow-up to my own posting, but here's the lunch-time report:

I decided to go for Knapps Corners Meijers (seems like there should be
one or more apostrophes in there).  The 28th Street strip, with its high
concentration of large retail establishments (TRU, K-Mart, Target,
Wal*Mart, and Meijers within just a few blocks) is too much of a draw
for free-range scalpers, I figured.

Success!  There was a relatively small amount of SW LEGO on the shelves.
No obvious open holes in the displayed goods, so either the store
employees just rearranged, or nobody has tried to clean them out.

I got two TIE-Fighter/Y-Wings (the Y-Wing has always been my favorite),
and one of everything else.  I left on the shelves:

1 or 2 X-Wings
No TIE-Fighter/Y-Wings
half-dozen or so of each of the Snow Speeder, Speeder Bikes, and
Landspeeder (never thought of the 'speeder' commonality before).

Steve