 Marketplace / Shopping / 12024
Re: Toy store won't sell me any Lego!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:36:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Michael Hall wrote:
   Okay, here’s a kicker for you and I’m wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone else.

This all sounds crazy --- but hey, it’s a big world with lots of crazies!

The average retailer would die for a customer who steadily $500 to $1500, espeically week after week. Heck, a customer like would get special treatment most places.

Sounds like a case of a small mind exercising dominion over his/her small pond. With KB, it could well be the cash position with its LEGO supplier could mean it can’t keep its shelves stocked and that looks bad at Chrismas time. But even so, a store would still be nuts not to keep a good customer happy. And I remember year after year (when LEGO sales were profitable) when our local TRU had empty shelves at Christmas because they just could not get inventory on them fast enough. It’s a problem stores like to have.

My suggestion: Find another store and expect better treatment. At a mimimum, after a few large buying trips seek out the manager and negotiate a discount. Any rational manager would delighted to get you on board!

-Ted