 Marketplace / Shopping / 12012
12011  |  12013
Subject:
Toy store won't sell me any Lego!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:34:24 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Okay, here’s a kicker for you and I’m wondering if anything like this has
happened to anyone else. I just got back from my local toy store (I won’t name
which one yet) and was told that I couldn’t by large amounts of Lego from them
anymore. This seemed really odd to me. I’m friendly with everyone in the store
and know most of them on a first name basis. The assistant manager was really
annoyed because I spend any where from $500-$1500 a week in the store. She said
she was told by her district manager that she could be accused of being my
distributor. I have his phone number and have tried calling him, but haven’t
gotten a response.

What really gets me is that while I do part out and sell some of the parts I
buy, at least half of it I keep for myself and my boys. I pay full retail and
don’t get a discount from them, so I don’t know why they would turn away a good
paying customer. It seems like it would be about the same as shooting yourself
in the foot. Anyway, let me know if you all have any similar experiences or if
you can shed a little light on this for me.

Thanks,
Mike