 Marketplace / Shopping / *9354 (-20)
  Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO

Greg Perry stated: (...) I once purchased 8460 and 5580 from the same person in two seperate auctions in eBay. It was in my early and, dare I say, naive days of purchasing online. Both sets were described as assembled, hardly played with, kept on a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO

Greg, I'm going to respond to a couple points that you made from the viewpoint of a seller on Bricklink. (...) of (...) left) I believe this is at the core of the "problem". If a seller gets positive feedback for something that was less then a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO

Greg: As the person that wrote this: (URL) can tell you that I have certainly come across dirty, already been chewed, bubble gum encrusted, snot caked, putty filled, milk spattered, larvae infested, and otherwise disgusting elements in my time. It (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO

How many people have purchased a "used, but 100% complete set" from e-Bay or Bricklink only to find that it's not true when it arrives 4-6 weeks later from overseas? I recently purchased an 8460 and an 8839 from a seller in Germany who claimed that (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO

I had to chime in on this thread. I'm right there with you Greg. (...) A month or two ago I made my first "used" purchases on Bricklink. The three shops that I purchased from stated that these used parts were in "excellent condition" and most were (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO

(...) You were preaching to the choir... -- Hop-Frog (Scariest Commentator on Lugnet) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO

(...) I agree this is the first, and very important, step that disguntled buyers take. It's time that people got over the negative feedback fear/wars and just leave it appropriately. (...) You bring up great points. As both a seller and buyer on (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO

(...) I will answers these questions... In my store I NEVER would sell anything that looked abused without describing what was wrong with it. And really, if a piece is that bad I would never sell it in the first place. In a few cases I have found a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO

(...) I too am extremely picky about my used parts so I only buy new or pick through bargain lots from eBay (I'm the kind of person who has trouble picking out produce at the grocery store because after the first few pieces I start to see every (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO

(...) Kevin - Thanks for providing some feedback in relation to my venting. It's good to know it's not "just me" but also on the other hand a bit disheartening since judging from the BrickLink thread you referenced there's plenty of this going on. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Greg Perry wrote in message ... (...) time). Oh believe me Greg, you're not alone. Here's one message I posted about this kind of thing to Bricklink: (URL) just don't buy used pieces AT ALL because of the risk of getting what Richard Marchetti terms (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Tired of Paying for Dirty, Discolored and Damaged LEGO

In order to provide myself with a bit of a vent, I thought I’d post this message and see if others share my perspective/experiences or whether I’m just completely wrong in my attitude and thinking (wouldn’t be the first time). My “problem” is that (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Sale at The Vault this week!

XFUT: lugnet.admin.terms (...) Hi Jon. According to the charter for .market.shopping [1] these types of announcemnts are allowed and should not be problematic. Here is exactly how the charter for .shopping reads: ++CHARTER/PURPOSE: (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.admin.terms)

  My 2002 FOTY

I stopped by one of the local GoodWill stores today, not really expecting to find anything. I was pleased to find one of the "chip 'n' dip" baseplates for $1 and didn't expect to find much more. Needless to say, I was ecstatic to find a 6991 (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Sale at The Vault this week!

Hey Matthew. It'd be great if you could keep posts of this nature in .market.buy.sell-trade in the future. .market.shopping is for shopping reports and so on. Thanks, and good luck on your sales. -Jon -- | The Galactic Shipyard - (URL) My Lego (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Sale at The Vault this week!

Time for a sale! There are no new items at www.insidethevault.com this week, but until Wednesday, April 24th, take 10% off this listed prices of absolutely everything in the catalog! Plus, if your order is at least $50, take free shipping in the US (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Apr 17 - Apr 23, 2002

As is 2995 :( Troy "Andy Evans" <evansar@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Guq1yt.MMM@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Apr 17 - Apr 23, 2002

4120 is sold out as of 13:00 EDT. :( (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  US S@H Specials, Apr 17 - Apr 23, 2002

(URL) (hit 4 when the recording starts) Duplo/Primo 2954 Duplo Picnic $12.99 $ 6.50 2937 Duplo Load'n'Go Cargo Wagon $ 8.99 $ 4.50 2916 Mybot $49.99 $25.00 System 2995 Adventurer's Exhibition Pickup $ 5.99 $ 3.00 4120 Creator Tub $19.99 $10.00 Scala (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Next Round of Tuesday Morning Sales (Bit of a Scoop)

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message news:GunzGs.3JG@lugnet.com... (...) Fishin' (...) a (...) last (...) ($9.99) (...) [ ... snipped ... ] My visit to TM this morning (actually two of them) resulted in four copies of 2556 (two (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact