 Marketplace / Shopping / *6569 (-20)
  Re: AFOLs as cheapskates

David Eaton wrote: <snip> (...) What happens next??? I think we have already seen what is happening next, and the time is soon approaching when the we will have to put up or shut up. First off, I don't begrudge TLC for creating sets such as (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Furthur Price Reductions at etoys

It sold out several days ago. Rose Zhengrong Zang wrote in message <3A650A2B.896F0B7C@i...me.com>... (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Furthur Price Reductions at etoys

I couldn't find Vision command, could you tell me the URL? (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: AFOLs as cheapskates

I've actually almost lost interest in _sets_ as such, since there's been so little decent mid-range Technic for a couple of years. Almost all the Lego I buy for myself (as opposed to what I buy for my children) is intended to swell the parts (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: AFOLs as cheapskates

(...) That's not really the point, I don't think. It's not that you OWE them anything-- BUT, does Lego OWE *US* anything? If we take the stance that we won't buy junky sets, that's fine. But Lego might go out of business entirely. And if we want (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: AFOLs as cheapskates

(...) Er, last week. (...) Bottom feeders? I owe Lego *nothing.* I work for a living. I pay my bills. I pay my taxes. I pay my tuition out of my own pocket. Forgive me for not handing over my wallet to Billund. Free market economy. Plain and simple. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Furthur Price Reductions at etoys

does anyone know what time etoys usually updates or puts things on sale? I'm wondering what time to check if some other things I want go on sale (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: BlueLight.com sale

(...) Scott, I got my small order (1 mobile outpost, 1 Anakin's pod racer) last week. I've been checking back this week, great deals on the Firehouse, but it's out of stock and I wouldn't trust it. It looks like they're web shopping may have a few (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Dwayne's LEGO Parts--Email trouble

I have solved my email problems, hopefully permanently. My new email address is dwayne@towells.net. (The old one will continue to work for an undetermined amount of time.) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: BlueLight.com sale

(...) Did anyone receive their order(s) from BlueLight?? I also ordered Mobile Outpost's, and now they are telling me not only are they out of stock, they will not back order or anything. Yet my order still shows up as placed.... -- Scott (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: $13 Soccer Buses (white train windows) at eToys

(...) My Targets had some of these with the soccer ball included for 50% off. (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  The Sanburn Systems Company - Further Category Sales

To All, After a brief timeout for the GATS Train Show, The Sanburn Systems Company is back at home and we have put more categories on sale, here is the list: A) Total Basket Discount - 25% Off A) Remaining Bricks & Plates - 45% Off (Total of 70%) B) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: AFOLs as cheapskates

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:G77t3w.F93@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) until I (...) I feel guilty about this all of the time. I only sorted/parted out about half of what I bought from Tuesday Morning (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: AFOLs as cheapskates

(...) It's a lot like some other hobbies that way. Today, I went out to my TRU to "help with the Lego shelves" but it had gone from bad to worse. They got 2001 sets. There was no place to put all of them, so sets were either crammed into the nooks (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: AFOL's as cheapskates?????

(...) [snipped lengthy but interesting post] (...) That really resonates with me. I have been giving Duplo or Lego as gifts to my daughter's friends for about 3 years now, from when she was two until now, when she is 5. I can't count how many times (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  AFOL's as cheapskates?????

Sorry, but I do beg to differ. I would not want to hazard a guess on the percent of our gross income spent on Legos over the past decade. Almost all first or second copies of any given set have been bought at list (or above - as some local toy shops (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: AFOLs as cheapskates

(...) No, Yes, and I'm looking. :^) (...) Me too. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: AFOLs as cheapskates

(...) There are people at every company that do not care about the products/services they produce, and they tend not to stay around too long. Most of the LEGO employees I have met or coresponded with have a good appreciation for their product and (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: AFOLs as cheapskates

(...) In any company there are always some persons whose caring and concern goes beyond the paycheck. If a large enough percentage care, then you may have a great company. I believe that the early days at Apple were like that (possibly are again). (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  TLC hiring fans (was: Re: AFOLs as cheapskates)

(...) Well, I can only speak from my own experience, but I'd like you to know that of the employees I've met, or worked with, all cared at least a bit. Some care quite a lot, and they even work in areas which can be influential in future product (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact