 Marketplace / Shipping / *541 (-10)
  Re: About to ship a package to Switzerland - advice?

(...) To follow up... Since the buyer didn't care about the box, I "decanted" it into a box that was easier to ship: a 11"x14"x9" "bankers box". I taped it up securely and took it to the post office. I sent it Airmail ($37.25 postage + $3.60 (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: International "Small Parcel" rate

I received the following from Canada Post today: "Thank you for your message to Canada Post. Please excuse the delay in responding to your message. I have verified your parcel in our system and it does qualify as a Small Packet. I will forward your (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping)

Jeff Jardine wrote in message ... The local employees are wrong. If it's under 2kg you can send it to Europe at the small packet rate and the MDW does not apply. Funnily enough this is one problem I've never come across in Vancouver, although I've (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: International "Small Parcel" rate

(...) snip... (...) It may be worth the effort to take along the Postal Prices brochure and/or make a print-out of the results of the online rate calculator. I have had good look when I take the printout of the online rate calculator (I am in the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: International "Small Parcel" rate

Hello Jeff, I sold quite a few "small packet" worldwide. I had the same experience with some PO but the rule is to follow the booklet rules! That's it! There is 4 employees in my local PO and I know that with 2 of'em, I can go back home with my (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: International "Small Parcel" rate

(...) Not in a while, but that's because I'm Postal Aggressive. Which is to say, if I don't recognize the clerk, I'll tell them what I'm shipping, how and how much $$ before they even weigh it, typically. The poor Shopper's Drug Mart clerk often is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping)

  International "Small Parcel" rate

Hi Canucks, I had a heated discussion with some Canada Post employees today about their definition of a "Small Parcel." Here are their specifications: (URL) same info is in their "Postal Prices" brochure. I tried sending a 37cm x 26cm x 26cm, 1.22kg (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: About to ship a package to Switzerland - advice?

(...) $37.25 via Parcel Post AirMail. Note the package size restrictions for Parcel Post: Max.length 79", max. length plus girth 108" (may vary by country). Ship it insured; this is the only way (via Parcel Post) you can track down the package if it (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping Delays, US to Europe ??

(...) So the package took a six month round trip to the UK ? Boy does that sound familiar. I'm arguing with the USPS for a postage refund on a package that was gone six months (Oct 2001 - Apr 2002) with not much success. At least the one you have (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  About to ship a package to Switzerland - advice?

I have a 10 lb. box to send to Switzerland. It looks like I can send it airmail with the USPS for about $35. Is that right? What's the best shipping method? Also, what do I put on the customs forms? I know when shipping stuff to the US if you use (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact