 Local / Canada / 1468
Re: International "Small Parcel" rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:32:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Jeff Jardine writes:
Hi Canucks,
I had a heated discussion with some Canada Post employees today about their
definition of a "Small Parcel."  Here are their specifications:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/offerings/small_packets/int/about_specifica • tions-e.asp

The same info is in their "Postal Prices" brochure.

I tried sending a 37cm x 26cm x 26cm, 1.22kg package to Europe.  They
calculated the minimum density weight of 4kg and wanted to charge me 4kg
rate, which would have been 3 times as much as the rate for a "small
package."

snip...

So, either Canada Post's info on their website and in their price brochure
is incomplete, or their local employees are not up to snuff on precisely how
to determine when a parcel is a "small package."  Has anyone else gone
through this rigmarole?

Jeff J

It may be worth the effort to take along the Postal Prices brochure and/or make
a print-out of the results of the online rate calculator.  I have had good look
when I take the printout of the online rate calculator (I am in the USA).  I
also write the weight right on the package and I also but on the stamps at
home.  This way, I can walk into any post office and assert that all packages
are ready to go with proper markings and postage.  Being agressive does help.

__Kevin Salm__

.