 Marketplace / Shipping / 533
Re: Shipping Delays, US to Europe ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:54:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, Rob Doucette writes:
In lugnet.market.shipping, Ray Sanders writes:
I have had several orders, sent via Airmail (both Letter Post and Parcel Post),
experiencing extensive delays. Each of the orders was sent to a different
country (Netherlands, Portugal, Denmark), so I doubt that the inbound customs at
the receiving end is the cause. One order, to the Netherlands via Airmail Parcel
Post, took 73 days end to end. The other two are in the 30-40 day range and not
yet delivered.

Has anyone else observed similar problems ?

Yesterday, the my second MIA UK package of this year was returned to me.
This one was shipped in mid January via USPS AirMail Letter Post.  It has
the same labeling that this one did (shipped mid-Feb, returned in June, IIRC):
http://www.doucettenet.com/lego/package.jpg

I had a Netherlands MIA (shipped in December) returned in March.  That one
was insured and I was able to convince my local PO to reship at no charge.
The second delivery arrived OK.

I ship alot of packages outside the US, the UK seems to be the most painful
this year.

-Rob.

So the package took a six month round trip to the UK ?  Boy does that sound
familiar. I'm arguing with the USPS for a postage refund on a package that was
gone six months (Oct 2001 - Apr 2002) with not much success. At least the one
you have there indicates a reason for return, 'Not Called For', which sounds a
bit like the buyer did not want to pay the customs duty. Please keep us
informed as to how this turns out.

Ray
Cosmic Toys