 Marketplace / Shipping / 530
Re: Shipping Delays, US to Europe ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:44:42 GMT

I'm not sure if this is relevant to the European scene, but I have been
waiting since May 10th for a parcel from the USA to Australia, sent via
Economy Air.  Seems like quite a delay!

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

(Remove spamblock to reply.)

"Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message
I have had several orders, sent via Airmail (both Letter Post and Parcel • Post),
experiencing extensive delays. Each of the orders was sent to a different
country (Netherlands, Portugal, Denmark), so I doubt that the inbound • customs at
the receiving end is the cause. One order, to the Netherlands via Airmail • Parcel
Post, took 73 days end to end. The other two are in the 30-40 day range • and not
yet delivered.

Has anyone else observed similar problems ?

I note that the USPS International Rate Calculator no longer shows typical
delivery times. I wonder if the USPS knows something that they have not • bothered
to publicize.

Ray