 Marketplace / Services / 238
Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:21:30 GMT

"D. Jezek" wrote:

Troy has generated color images all official Ldraw parts (1,600+) in the 12
basic colors which are now available when listing parts on Brickbay.  Existing
images of wanted lists and BB-provided inventory images have been converted to
the colored version.

Thanks, Troy and Dan.  That must have taken a lot of work.
I have a few questions & observations:

* what are the 12 "basic" colors?  I see dark pink is not one of them,
  although it is very common in Belville sets.

* If the color is not one of the 12, why is a different image being used
  than before?  The new image is not as good, at least in one case.
  See bendyarm's store under stairs.  The non-specified color stairs
  that just say "dark pink" in the description look better than
  the dark-pink-specified stairs, even though neither is colorized.

* the brown items that I have (log bricks, log walls) are too saturated
  with color.  They need some lightening or graduated lightening to see
  the curvature.  Currently they look like brown blobs.
  Maybe leave the black lines for edges and fill in the surfaces with
  a very light brown?
  Now I'm also noticing the same effect for other colors.  Too saturated,
  and no edge lines, so it is hard to see where the edges are.

/Eric McC/