 Marketplace / Services / 239
Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:32:46 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
"D. Jezek" wrote:

Troy has generated color images all official Ldraw parts (1,600+) in the 12
basic colors which are now available when listing parts on Brickbay.
Existing images of wanted lists and BB-provided inventory images have been
converted to the colored version.

* the brown items that I have (log bricks, log walls) are too saturated
with color.  They need some lightening or graduated lightening to see
the curvature.  Currently they look like brown blobs.
Maybe leave the black lines for edges and fill in the surfaces with
a very light brown?
Now I'm also noticing the same effect for other colors.  Too saturated,
and no edge lines, so it is hard to see where the edges are.

I've noticed that too, while adding parts today.

Not enough of a contrast between lit and shaded surfaces, mostly.

Other than that, cool!

James