 Marketplace / Services / 244
Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 23:02:12 GMT

Troy Cefaratti wrote:

* what are the 12 "basic" colors?  I see dark pink is not one of them,
  although it is very common in Belville sets.

Black, Blue, Green, Red, Brown, Light Gray, Dark Gray, Yellow, White, Tan,
Purple and Orange.

More colors are coming.  I'm working on the next 15 now, which includes the
transparent colors and some more of the "light" solid colors.

Here are the colors that would be most useful to me:
older light pink, newer light pink (*), dark pink, light blue (Maersk),
and the three Belville base brick colors of
light yellow, light green, and lavender.

As for the "edge line" problem, notice how TLC prints the instructions.
They lighten all the colors so that the edges are obvious.  In my
experience, sometimes it is hard to tell whether a brick is supposed
to be a light grey or dark grey or black, because they are all printed
as different shades of light grey.  However, the edges are so important
that the "can't tell exact shade" problem is not as bad as the
"can't tell where the edges are" problem, so that's why they do that.
In the case of Brickbay, since the color of the part appears in words
right next to the picture, the shades can all be lightened without
even this risk of misunderstanding.

/Eric McC/

(*) The light pink in Paradisa sets underwent a change.
You can see this in http://www.baseplate.com/colors/
thanks to Suzanne Rich.
The older light pink is NCd, and the newer light pink is PURPLE+1.