 Marketplace / Services / 233
  Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

Troy has generated color images all official Ldraw parts (1,600+) in the 12 basic colors which are now available when listing parts on Brickbay. Existing images of wanted lists and BB-provided inventory images have been converted to the colored (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) Cool! I don't suppose these images are available just generally, are they? I'd like to see them directoried out on Brickshelf or something. Or maybe there is a public source of these already? Chris (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  (canceled)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) Is there an easy way to convert lugnet hosted images (which all have the same pattern, for example: (URL) is a 1x1 cone) to Brickbay ones? Going into view/update inventory I don't see a way to try asking for the image from Brickbay again... On (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) Thanks, Troy and Dan. That must have taken a lot of work. I have a few questions & observations: * what are the 12 "basic" colors? I see dark pink is not one of them, although it is very common in Belville sets. * If the color is not one of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) I've noticed that too, while adding parts today. Not enough of a contrast between lit and shaded surfaces, mostly. Other than that, cool! James (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) Black, Blue, Green, Red, Brown, Light Gray, Dark Gray, Yellow, White, Tan, Purple and Orange. More colors are coming. I'm working on the next 15 now, which includes the transparent colors and some more of the "light" solid colors. The images (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) they? (...) I don't believe that there is another source for these images at the moment. You can get the original images from my site at: (URL) are compressed into individual files by color, each archive containing 1,642 images. The BMPs will (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) same (...) to (...) That is entirely up to Todd. The images are freely available (see my response to Chris above) if Todd would like to incorporate them into the partref that would be great. As for Brickbay, I don't believe there is a way of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) Can we all just buck up and buy a new disk drive? What's 18 GB going for these days? How many of us would need to chip in $25? How many of us would be interested in doing so for a publicly accessible image warehouse like that? I don't (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) Here are the colors that would be most useful to me: older light pink, newer light pink (*), dark pink, light blue (Maersk), and the three Belville base brick colors of light yellow, light green, and lavender. As for the "edge line" problem, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

I'm looking into someplace to host the images now. Someplace that offers a large ammount of storage for a reasonable ammount of money. Anyone have any experience with www.websolo.com? Troy "Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) Existing (...) to (...) Only images of parts in the 12 colors that have colored images have been converted. The others you see are the old images. (...) I hope noone is dissapointed with this change. We could always revert back to the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) Existing (...) to (...) There is a way but in order to convert Lugnet hosted images, each seller would have to agree that they want to have their images changed. I only changed images that were provided by Brickbay but in order to change (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) You've got mine if you have a way to do it automagically, Dan. But what I was thinking was more of a button or device to let me, from the view/modify inventory screen, cause the select image dialog to come up again W (with an option to cancel (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)

  Re: Thanks to Troy Cefaratti for providing BB with 20,000 Color Images of Parts

(...) these (...) Me too but I think the problem is not the raw drive cost itself per se, it's having the drive in a place that is up 24x7 and has good network bandwidth. Until and unless home broadband allows inbound, that's an ISP or someone's (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.services)