 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 40
39  |  41
Subject:
Which junk mail is more evil? (Was: Addresses)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:12:47 GMT

"Christopher L. Weeks" wrote:
Sproaticus wrote:
Kevin Loch wrote:
This is a great Idea, however what we really need is a secure system
of getting the recipient address to the sender.  Does anyone have
any Ideas?  I don't think anyone wants a centralized list of mailing
addresses to exist.
Why?  I don't get the concern.  I'm more concerned about my email
address than my postal address.

Truly a sign of the times.  I'm much, much more concerned about throwing
away junk snail mail -- and the paper that goes into that waste -- than I am
about someone stealing Internet bandwidth and wasting my time.  Plus, I'm
not too keen about everyone and their dog being able to determine my street
address (1) for personal "security" reasons.

While spam is certainly a Bad Thing, and should be stopped, the potential
for Bad Stuff happening is much greater with junk snail mail.

Cheers,
- jsproat

--
Jeremy H. Sproat <jsproat@io.com>