 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 28
Re: Addresses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:49:00 GMT

Kevin Loch wrote:
This is a great Idea, however what we really need is a secure system
of getting the recipient address to the sender.  Does anyone have
any Ideas?  I don't think anyone wants a centralized list of mailing
addresses to exist.

I'm not so concerned about other LUGNuts, but there is the possibility of a
public, centralized address list being exploited by an motivated
envelope-stuffer.

How about this:
[...]
This way maximum privacy is maintained with the added feature that
each transaction could be sent to a different address (I may
want to use work one week and home the next, or maybe I travel).

Wow, that sounds keen.  A little bit more work, but not too much.

Where would the site be located?  Is jambalaya.com , .org , or .net taken?
Then there's always jambalaya.lugnet.com ...

Cheers,
- jsproat

--
Jeremy H. Sproat <jsproat@io.com>