 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 35
Re: Addresses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:21:02 GMT

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> writes:

Where would the site be located?  Is jambalaya.com , .org , or .net taken?

Yeah, those are they're all taken, but jeez:  not only is a dedicated domain
overkill for something like this, it's a step backwards (fragmentation
rather than aggregation).

Then there's always jambalaya.lugnet.com ...

Since it has the same site-wide integration potential as auctions and other
buy-sell-trade transactions, I could see </market/jambalaya/> as a free and
integrated member service before a separate server on a subdomain of
lugnet.com.

For the time being, I think if someone wanted to set up something up off a
subdirectory of a site they already have running, that would make the most
sense.

--Todd