 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 27
26  |  28
Subject:
Addresses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 18:09:52 GMT

This is a great Idea, however what we really need is a secure system
of getting the recipient address to the sender.  Does anyone have
any Ideas?  I don't think anyone wants a centralized list of mailing
addresses to exist.

How about this:

1. Participans register their name (or alias) and an email address
on a website.
2. Shippers go to website and enter their username and password into
a form and click submit.
3. Webserver sends an email to proposed recipient bcc'd to sender
asking them to send an email to shipper with thir desired mailing
address.  shippers email is included in letter to recipient.
4. If proposed recipient sends their address in a timely manner
to shipper, transaction occurrs, otherwise shipper simply triggers
another transaction at the website.

This way maximum privacy is maintained with the added feature that
each transaction could be sent to a different address (I may
want to use work one week and home the next, or maybe I travel).

KL