 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 31
Re: Addresses
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 19:42:44 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

Kevin Loch wrote:
This is a great Idea, however what we really need is a secure system
of getting the recipient address to the sender.  Does anyone have
any Ideas?  I don't think anyone wants a centralized list of mailing
addresses to exist.

Why?  I don't get the concern.  I'm more concerned about my email
address than my postal address.

I'm not so concerned about other LUGNuts, but there is the possibility of a
public, centralized address list being exploited by an motivated
envelope-stuffer.

For different reasons and in different ways I appreciate the idea of
having some semi-automated double blind doohicky and also just having no
system with fairly free-flowing who next policies.

Where would the site be located?  Is jambalaya.com , .org , or .net taken?
Then there's always jambalaya.lugnet.com ...

Whois says they're all taken...except of course as a lugnet service.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA