 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 34
Re: New group...moving forward?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:02:05 GMT

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> writes:
[...]
It's fine with me if each box has a life of its own and acts autonomously,
finding its own way around the world with human help, but it's also OK with
me if there's some kind of central sign-up system for queueing up people and
organizing requests (but I'm not offering to write that).
[...]
Maybe someday, individual have/want lists for parts (part of the LUGNET
plan) could be linked in with this -- but that'd be quite a ways down the
road.

I ought to clarify that a bit -- I'm not offering to write anything to
handle this _yet_.  I think later it will all fit in nicely with the rest of
the infrastructure.  (I just can't make it a priority anytime relatively
soon.)  Having multiple shipping addresses stored for everyone will be a
given, so really only the transaction handlers and trackers and queues will
be the tricky bits.

--Todd