 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8852
Re: Brickbay store LEGOMAN - Opinions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 23:24:41 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:

Yeesh!

My apologies for conflating some of the material in Jon Kozan's post with
that of Rob Doucette's.

I still mean what I wrote concerning a Blacklist, though.  It also applies
to negative feedback in many ways -- at least for me.  I hardly ever post
feedback of any kind.  And never negative feedback.

I posted negative feedback twice, both after a thourough investigation. And
I would do it again right this instant. If somebody, after trying to
email/call (international!)/write him/her for over two weeks, still doesn't
reply, that to me means he/she never intended to do business.

On the other hand, if you have had a good experience with somebody, why NOT
post positive feedback? Over 90% of the deals I made on eBay/Brickbay/other
methods were excellent, and thus the others involved deserve a praise of
some sorts.

I do agree though, a praise list would work better than a blacklist.
Somebody tried a blacklist for the dutch pc hardware usenet group
nl.markt.comp about 2 years ago, and it resulted in serious trouble, even
legal, for the maintainer.

But that still leaves the problem how to work out a system that's fair to
everybody... it's easy to fake emails and other things these days. Almost
any system, including eBay, can be abused.
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
Brickbay shop "Brick Piles"  | http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?i=javanree