 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8850
Re: Brickbay store LEGOMAN - Opinions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 22:08:20 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Rob Doucette writes:
I haven't left negative feedback for these clowns yet either.

Rob, I don't think that you and I have had any dealings yet so you will have
to take my word for it that I am always good for my end of a trade or
buy/sell transaction.  But...

I am just such a clown, I often take a few days to get to things.  I may
browse the web from anywhere and thereby place orders, write posts, check
email, etc.  But when I actually go to pay stuff via snail mail or paypal I
like to be next to my checkbook and my own home computer.  If the need
arises, I want to be able to check old email, check on a description via
ebay or brickbay, etc.  I assume this is easy to understand.  And I am not
always home in the evenings except to drop my head on the pillow.  Three
days just may not cut it sometimes...although good communication is
important, I agree.

And the thing about a Blacklist for buyers/sellers/traders is that one's
reputation is an important thing.  I know that I hate to get the shaft end
of any deal, but is it really worth smearing people whose situations you may
not completely understand?

I have suggested before that perhaps we could have a newsgroup or list for
good traders -- in other words, finding someone's name on the list is a sign
that they are generally a good trader.  That you should feel free to trade
with them confident of good results.  Something like that.

If I had to go by the time it takes to complete a transaction, I'd have to
count Lehman and Rich as being some of the worst dealers around.  Yet I bear
them no ill will for their unique troubles or workload.  They communicated
pretty well.  They got my stuff to me.  Took them a while though...

...and as I recall, I took a while to pay them as well.  I guess some final
accounting and demand for payment due never got to me.  I wrote asking for
such, no reply.  Finally I just paid what I thought the expected total to be.

BTW, I am NOT defending the actions of the person whose poor dealing habits
began this thread -- I am just generally against a Blacklist.

-- Richard