 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8495
8494  |  8496
Subject:
Brickbay store LEGOMAN - Opinions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 01:23:47 GMT

Hi.

I've just made my first order on brickbay (or anyother webstore)

I found 2 items that I've been looking for for a while in the
LEGOMAN store on brickbay.

From the email I got from brickbay, I've gotten the following
info:

Name: Bob Hearts
Email: tombstone587@aol.com

AOL claims there is no such user, and bounced my email.

Brickbay's feedback for the owner of this store, has a few
comments that name the owner as 'chris' not bob.

All the feedback is reletively positive. 12 notes in all.
None negative.

I recently received an email from a tombstone578@aol.com
(notice the 7 and 8 are swapped.) stating that if I can send
the money to that (tombstone578@aol.com) address tonight he'll
ship them tommorrow. He goes on to say that the paypal account
is really his dad's and that I should use the last name 'happ'

OK. I start thinking that the email thing must be a typo.

In paypal, though, it claims that his paypal account was created
TODAY. Maybe I'm the first one he's had to deal with on paypal.
maybe not.

I chatted with user tombstone578@aol.com on AIM, and he said that
bob is his dad, and he is chris. That it is his store, but he put
his dad's name on it, and that it's his dad's paypal account but
he uses it - (even though it was created today.)

I'm suspicious. But I start to talk myself into it. I go back to
paypal, and as i get further into it. It tells me that the name
on the tombstone578@aol.com is Jeff Happ.

So if he and his dad are bob and chris, who the heck is Jeff?

I'm confused. and even more suspicious.

Can someone other than the owner of a store find out an order was
placed before the real owner, and send me an email telling me
to send the money to a brand new email address?? kind of like
a man in the middle attack on a computer network?

Anyone else deal with this person? Alot of the feedback is from
sellers not buyers. But there are a bunch of users giving feed
back that I recognize from here on LUGnet.

Does any third party know what the story is here? any advice?
I really want this stuff - That's the other thing. The stuff
is a great find supposedly in new boxes, and it's at what I
think is a price that's almost too good to be true.

Am I being paranoid?

-Kyle