 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10689
  Re: a thought about brickbay update postings

(...) I, someone who buys a *lot* from brickbay, find brickbay and ebay postings here mostly unhelpful (I'm being diplomatic). Both of those sites have search engines that give me access to a lot more pieces than the individual sale postings, and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: a thought about brickbay update postings

(...) This is why I've repeatedly advocated for lugnet.market.ebay and lugnet.market.brickbay. I admit that occiasionally I've gone and checked out a auction or sale based on an announcement here, but most of the time I just ignore them. I really (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message ... (...) ----- That made me curious, since I primarily use Outlook Express for reading Lugnet. Outlook Express does allow filtering news (although I never tried setting up a filter until Frank (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: a thought about brickbay update postings

(...) <snipped Amy & Frank's similar comments about the irrelevance of Brickbay store updates> That's neat, becuase from a sellers viewpoint, I always get a good response right after re-opening my store (and announcing it on Lugnet), but as a buyer, (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: a thought about brickbay update postings

(...) I have to say that, based on my experience, at least a goodly number of people seem to find them useful. I certainly notice a surge in orders at my shop after a post here. I even post here after I reopen my shop, mainly because I like to see (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: a thought about brickbay update postings

(...) I have no doubt that some people read them, and that they result in sales. Because currently there are a manageable number of them. What would happen if every brickbay shop and every ebay lego seller posted here? I, for one, wouldn't come here (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: a thought about brickbay update postings

(...) I don't know, but that's a pretty big if, imo. A relatively small percentage of even the Brickbay sellers post regularly here. (...) Well, I read at lugnet.market as well, but since Todd has setup this hierarchy this way, we will continue to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: a thought about brickbay update postings

(...) Since there *is no* top level market group (in the "newsgroup sense") but it is just a virtual group that is an agglomeration of the lower level groups in the market hierarchy... all you need to do is set your skip filter settings to skip (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: a thought about brickbay update postings

(...) lugnet.buy-sell-trade lugnet.buy-sell-trade.ebay lugnet.buy-sell-trade.brickbay lugnet.buy-sell-trade.lugnet Sale/Trade posts having nothing to do with third-party sites would go in lugnet.buy-sell-trade.lugnet, so if that's all you want to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)