 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1354
1353  |  1355
Subject:
Authorized Lego retailers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:38:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I am always looking for new places to purchase lego and came across the site
www.theblockshop.com the other day.  This site interested me mainly because
according to the site, they are located around 30 miles from where I live and
the fact that they claim to be a “authorized lego retailer”.

In my talks with the ITD department folks at TLC, they will not allow a person
to set up an internet only store to sell lego because of the direct competition
to their own website.  I emailed customer service for theblockshop.com and asked
if they had a store front that I could come and check out.  Their response was
that they were an internet only business and had no retail outlet.  Just to
verify this, I drove by the address listed on their website and found it to be a
residence sitting off the highway with a long gravel driveway.

So now my question is how did this individual get the be a lego retailer and if
they are able to become one why can’t I or anyone else?  If I could become an
“authorized lego retailer” and order sets cheaper than everyone else imagine the
things I could do.

I could:
- sell great sets at reduced prices and make lots of people happy
- sell those sets via an outlet such as BrickLink internationally
- part those sets out on BrickLink and make even more money
- have a store that contains more than 500 of the new 4496 tub and sell them for
cheaper than lego.com

So my final question is:  Why do some people get to be lego retailers and
obviously order at reduced prices while others have to order at full price?

Thanks for your time