 Marketplace / Theory / 2683
Re: Authorized Lego retailers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:57:19 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Jake McKee wrote:
In lugnet.market.theory, Gordon Thomas wrote:

Case 2:  Certain BrickLink shops
Selling 500 4496 tubs at 17.99 suggests that they are buying direct from lego
as a retailer otherwise the price breaks would not be there.  This would
directly violate the purchase terms for parting out sets and selling
internationally, not to mention being online only.

Assuming they actually have 500. I've wondered from time to time how many people
are padding their inventories to get attention, but not actually having the
inventory on hand. Remember the guy who claimed to have 200 Maersk sets before
they actually went on sale?

That's the thing Jake, I think Ray is saying it's the same guy.

I've passed this site along to Legal to get more information on this, and I'm
sure they'll be all over it. Between the strange "authorized" thing, the
"borrowing" of the legoshop.com stylings and imagery, the "borrowing" of
lego.com graphic materials, and the incorrect trademark usage, something smells
fishy.

Jake

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is much obliged.

Maggie C.