 Marketplace / Auctions / 94
Re: Nice ripoff on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 07:54:51 GMT

"Jesse Long" <LongJR97@hotmail.com> writes:

Chuck Cottrill wrote in message <36226AB6.14D30E6F@atlanta.glenayre.com>...

Oh, and I bought an item, sent payment the day after the bid was closed,
and didn't get my lot for about 3 weeks, and no email either.  When the
seller finally sent the item, she didn't bother to give feedback to me
for what was an exemplary transaction from my end -- there is no guard
that folks give feedback when it is deserved.  Since the transaction was
completed, I didn't give negative feedback, but there is precious little
'policing' of the mechanism.

Here's my eBay horror story.  There's some guy out there with a handle that
looks just like mine (I'm jessel, he's jesse1), and he's making bad deals.
I'm catching all sorts of crap from people with whom I've never dealt, and
even receive feedback comments about it.

Although I'm sorry to hear about the problem, I think it's good to hear
real-life stories like this.  This is one of the reasons LUGNET will never
have short little handles like that on member accounts.

--Todd