 Marketplace / Auctions / 83
Re: Nice ripoff on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 15:10:50 GMT

cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) wrote about an e-bay seller:

Now the seller has written back.  Here's a copy of his post:

From: ljanko [ljanko@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 1998 6:56 PM
To: Mike Stanley
Subject: Re: Santa available MUCH cheaper elsewhere

Dear Mike,
Thanks so much for your help on my auctions. I will make sure to watch
your auctions also on Ebay to see if I can help you out.
ljanko

Would it be appropriate to post a feedback message on this seller?  I would
just post the original message Mike sent out to the bidders and this guy's
reply(s).

The problem I have with the reply that was posted here is that it could be
read as a polite note, or it could be read as a subtle threat.  So, perhaps
an additional follow-up message from the seller should be included to make
sure that the feedback is negative.

I haven't been over to e-bay recently, and while I know that feedback on
sellers and buyers is there, I haven't a clue what the mechanism is for
filing a feedback.  Can someone who has not completed a transaction file
the report?

Gary
GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net