 Marketplace / Auctions / 87
Re: Nice ripoff on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 20:46:46 GMT

Gary Louie wrote:

I haven't been over to e-bay recently, and while I know that feedback on
sellers and buyers is there, I haven't a clue what the mechanism is for
filing a feedback.  Can someone who has not completed a transaction file
the report?

I've bought 4-5 items on EBay -- a couple of copies of 'HeroQuest' by MB
and some lego lots.  And I've posted feedback a couple of times.  What I
have noticed is that there is no mechanism for feedback to reflect that
there was a transaction, successful or otherwise.  Most everyone on Ebay
has positive feedback, but there is no guarantee that feedback was in
response to a trade/transaction.  Hey, one could post feedback on 100's
of folks, with no reference to a transaction at all.  Just pointing out
a flaw in the system.

Oh, and I bought an item, sent payment the day after the bid was closed,
and didn't get my lot for about 3 weeks, and no email either.  When the
seller finally sent the item, she didn't bother to give feedback to me
for what was an exemplary transaction from my end -- there is no guard
that folks give feedback when it is deserved.  Since the transaction was
completed, I didn't give negative feedback, but there is precious little
'policing' of the mechanism.

So I take the 'positive feedback' ratings of folks with a grain of salt.

My $.02

--
chuck cottrill (chuck.cottril@glenarye.com)
My opinions are MINE MINE ALL MINE!