 Marketplace / Auctions / 88
Re: Nice ripoff on Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 21:05:51 GMT

Perhaps a Princess.... wrote:

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 15:10:50 GMT, Gary Louie <GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net>
wrote:

  Can someone who has not completed a transaction file
the report?

You're only supposed to give feedback on people you have been in a
transaction with. Additionally, there is a VERY limited amount of
space to write the feedback in. Thus, all the short, meaningless
comments

SArah Heacock
sarah@eskimo.com

  You get 80 characters to leave feedback with, it is a short amount but I
don't think it's meaningless. If you send your money out and it takes awhile
to get, you get back items that don't live up to their description, or worst
case you get nothing, then that feedback system becomes very important. Too
much negative feedback (I think it's 4) and ebay will kick you out. I had one
bozo bidding on something of mine once and in the middle of the auction ebay
kicked him out because they had received too many complaints against him.(or
her). All those short positive  feedbacks are also important, even it the
feedback is only "nice item", those all add up and I would feel better
sending off my money to someone with a rating of 50 than just a few.

On RTL and lugnet we don't have much to go on as far as judging if you want
to participate in an auction. I'm talking about if you're new to the group
and still learning (I've been here since August). For example I was in an
auction that ended over 5 weeks ago, I haven't receive my item, I emailed
asking when to expect my item I was told it would be sent out in a few days.
That was over 2 weeks ago and I still don't have my item yet.Now if that item
had been on ebay, and the seller had low or negative feedback, I don't think
I would have bid on the item.  The only reason I felt safe in bidding was
because  I saw quite a few regulars on RTL  bidding in the auction. I don't
think I got ripped off, I think (hope) maybe it's just taking awhile. I've
never waited this long for an item I bid on through ebay. I guess I'll email
to the seller again.

Julie